Emergency prescription requests are requests for medication which you have run out of and need, to prevent you becoming severely unwell. We will only accept emergency requests for the following medications:
- Epilepsy (e.g. Epilim, Tegretol etc.)
- Anti-anginals and beta blockers (e.g. Bisoprolol, GTN, Nitrates) Including: anti-hypertensives and other rate/rhythm control heart drugs (e.g. Ramipril, Amlodipine etc.)
- Anti-psychotic (e.g. Risperidone, etc.)
- Inhalers (e.g. Salbutamol, Clenil, Symbicort etc.)
- Insulin injections (e.g. Lantus, Novorapid etc.)
- Epinephrine Injections (e.g. EpiPen, Emerade etc.)
- Antidepressants and anxiolytics (e.g. Citalopram, Sertraline, Mirtazapine etc.)
- Anti-coagulants (e.g. Warfarin, Apixaban etc.)
Your usual pharmacy can supply up to a weeks’ worth of medication to cover the emergency. The emergency amount will then be deducted from the next prescription. If the Pharmacy supplies medication to cover shortages for non urgent medication, please contact us within 5 working days to ensure the prescription is issued to cover the medication to a maximum of 7 DAYS EMERGENCY SUPPLY OF MEDICATION.
For all other prescription medications, please ensure you allow enough time for us to process the request safely. We allow medication to be requested up to ONE month ahead of running out and require a minimum of THREE FULL WORKING DAYS to follow our prescribing protocol for safe prescribing.
Emergency prescription requests cannot be used for medication which has been ordered late. Please respect our staff, as it is your responsibility to ensure that your repeat prescription request is ordered in plenty of time. You can order your repeat medication up to ONE MONTH in advanced.